This course is designed for new users of ARCHICAD with previous skills gained in other “FlatCAD” applications, wishing to learn the skills required to produce a Virtual Building model, through to the documentation stages.
By attending this course, you will have the opportunity to learn the core commands and actions in ARCHICAD, the ARCHICAD workflow, knowledge of the processes involved in constructing a “Virtual Building” model, through to creating views and drawing layout sheets.
These instructor-led small groups of no more than five attendees take place in our dedicated training centre in Birmingham, or onsite at your office or studio.
Three days, delivered as two consecutive days followed by a third day.
A working knowledge of MacOS or Windows operating systems including the ability to navigate through the file system to create, manage and manipulate files.
No prior knowledge of any CAD system is required – however, drafting, design or architectural experience would be an advantage.
- ARCHICAD work environment and user interface.
- Drawing methods, geometry methods and data input.
- Snap points and guidelines.
- Selection methods.
- Editing elements.
- Working with coordinates and dimensions.
- Use of 2D drawing tools and editing commands.
- Initial design model and planning stage drawings.
- Criteria based element selection.
- Building materials and composite structures.
- Use of libraries, objects and favourites
- Placing and editing dimensions.
- Constructing a 3D virtual building model.
- Storey, levels and roof plans.
- Trace and reference.
- Controlling priority-based connections and junctions.
- Introduction to terrain modelling.
- The ARCHICAD project workflow.
- Renovation statuses and filters
- Creating sections, elevations and details.
- Quick Views and layer control.
- Introduction to drawings, layout sheets and master layouts (title blocks).
- Introduction to publishing and data output.
- Complex profiles.
- Reflected ceiling plans.
- Model cutting planes and 3D cut-aways.
- Introduction to schedules.
- Pen sets, Model View Options and drawing styles.
- External drawings, standard details and linked markers.
- Creating documentation from multiple project files.
- Drawing management and revision control.
- Drawing ID management.
- Publisher sets and drawing issues.
- Export to BIMx (Building Explorer)