The Crossgrade to ARCHICAD course is designed for new users of ARCHICAD with previous skills gained in other “FlatCAD” applications, wishing to learn the skills required to produce a Virtual Building model.
By attending this course, you will have the opportunity to learn the core commands and actions in ARCHICAD, the ARCHICAD workflow, a basic knowledge of the processes involved in constructing a “Virtual Building” model, through to creating drawing layout sheets.
These instructor-led small groups of no more than five attendees take place in our dedicated training centre in Birmingham, or onsite at your office or studio.
Two days, delivered consecutively.
A working knowledge of MacOS or Windows operating systems including the ability to navigate through the file system to create, manage and manipulate files.
No prior knowledge of any CAD system is required – however, drafting, design or architectural experience would be an advantage.
- ARCHICAD work environment and user interface.
- Drawing methods, geometry methods and data input.
- Snap points and guidelines.
- Selection methods.
- Editing elements.
- Working with coordinates and dimensions.
- Use of 2D drawing tools and editing commands.
- Initial design model and planning stage drawings.
- Storeys and levels.
- Introduction to terrain modelling.
- Use of libraries, objects and favourites
- Criteria based element selection.
- Building materials and composite structures.
- Constructing a 3D virtual building model.
- Creating roof plans.
- Trace and reference.
- Controlling priority-based connections and junctions.
- The ARCHICAD project workflow.
- Renovation statuses and filters
- Creating sections, elevations and details.
- Placing and editing dimensions.
- Quick Views and layer control.
- Introduction to drawings and layout sheets.