Our recent course CPD submission to the Chartered Institute of Architectural Technologists (CIAT) entitled ‘How Virtual Reality saves time and resources – VR for Architecture’ has been accepted and will be included on the CIAT CPD Register.
Scott Berry Managing Director stated “We are very pleased to have our course content accepted again by the Institute and would like to thank Noora Kokkarinen, Holly Banks, Adam Endacott and Eddie Weir for their input and guidance”.
The aim of the course is to demonstrate how the sensation of actually being inside a building makes VR a powerful tool for communicating design intent. The course is also classed as ‘structured CPD’ as it is a formal learning activity designed to meet a specific learning outcome. Both CIAT and RIBA members participating in the course can allocate at least 90 mins of learning.
A blended approach using face to face presentations and web based online workshops will be used. The audience will learn about VR and the latest model based technology.
“We will offer evening group presentations and direct requests from members” says Scott. “We have already confirmed our involvement and will present some of content at the AT Awards 2019 in September”
CIAT CPD Course Objectives:
- To explain how virtual reality works for architectural technologists and designers.
- To demonstrate the benefits of virtual reality to architectural technologists and designers.
- To understand the benefits of adopting model based design.
- To experience mobile communication via iOS and Android.
- To enable architectural technologists and designers to competently decide whether to adopt virtual reality for specific projects.
- To inform architectural technologists and designers of current practices and developments in model based technology.
As a VR viewer will be provided, those attending will ideally require a smartphone with gyroscope to fully participate. An online multiple choice test forms part of the assessment process leading to the award of a ‘VR for Architecture’ digital badge. In addition to the badge a CIAT CPD certificate will be issued upon completion.
For further information please telephone our offices on 0121 447 7788 or email our CPD officer